Senior WordPress Engineer
Let’s work together to solve some interesting engineering challenges for large enterprises across the globe using WordPress. We deliver secure and scalable WordPress solutions for Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and publicly listed companies all over the world.
- Within the US and India, this is a full-time employment opportunity with all perks and benefits, such as 401k.
- Outside the US and India, this is a full-time contractor opportunity. We still match perks & benefits, and they often exceed what is required by local laws.
- Deliver secure, scalable, and easy to maintain WordPress solutions using engineering best practices and relevant coding standards.
- Write test cases for all the code you develop.
- Write and maintain technical project documentation including inline code commenting, Git repo readme, and clear commit messages.
- Respect timelines and communicate progress proactively. We are a remote team, so proactive communication is very important.
- Help other engineers on the team through architectural review, code reviews, and other peer reviews.
- In-depth WordPress engineering experience with high-quality outcomes.
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Comfort with Git-based development and deployment workflow.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot code without using print_r() / var_dump().
Good to Have
- Development experience with WordPress VIP platform projects.
- Gutenberg block development experience.
- Working knowledge of WordPress REST API or GraphQL.
- Some experience with frameworks (React) and preprocessors (SASS).
- Experience with writing/blogging/public speaking and/or community contributions.
- Prior experience working with a remote team.