We are looking for a few Gutenberg engineers to help us customize the new Gutenberg editing interface for our clients and the beloved WordPress community. Even though Gutenberg is mostly developed in React, since it runs inside WordPress, some basic familiarity with PHP would help.
- Participate in the UX discovery process early on to ensure that the designs we are sending for sign-off are easy to create in the Gutenberg editor with the right amount of customization.
- Create custom Gutenberg blocks, block patterns, and block styles to customize the editor interface.
- Improving the core Gutenberg editor by collaborating with the community in open-source.
- Familiarity with common React workflows such as Redux.
- Prior experience in building blocks for the WordPress Gutenberg block editor.
- Some familiarity with WP REST API.
Good to Have
- Some knowledge of PHP
- Some experience using WordPress as a backend.
- Comfortable with GraphQL
- Remote ready! Our clients and team are both remote.