Since WordPress themes traditionally are developed with core PHP as a templating language, you should be comfortable with basic PHP. Having sufficient knowledge of React will also be required since you will be required to work on custom Gutenberg development.
This is a completely remote full-time position. You can apply from anywhere in the world.
- Develop responsive WordPress themes from Figma, Photoshop, or similar design software.
- Adapt external designs for WordPress while maintaining a balance between precision and future maintenance.
- Comfortable with basic PHP and responsible for theme-related PHP code in frontend development.
- Opportunity to work on decoupled WordPress projects with REST API/GraphQL as backend, utilizing React/Next.js skills with assistance provided.
- Strong CSS skills, including knowledge of CSS internals and familiarity with preprocessors like SASS.
- Basic comfort with PHP programming language, prior experience in developing WordPress themes is required.
- Required knowledge of ReactJS for custom Gutenberg development.
- WordPress expertise, including knowledge of template hierarchy, the loop, customizer API, and settings API.
- Proficiency in custom Gutenberg development to build robust, scalable blocks with clean UI and great UX.
Good to Have
As the heading suggests, the items below are optional. But if you know any of them, make sure to highlight them in your job application. These will expedite your application.
- WordPress Full Site Editing (FSE)/Block-Based theme development
- Web accessibility best practices
- Advanced ReactJS knowledge
- Front-end JS frameworks/libraries other than ReactJS
Note: On selection, your job title within the organization will be Senior Software Engineer (Front End)