If you like to remain in a (Linux) “shell” and enjoy playing with web servers, this is an opportunity for you!
Role & Responsibilities
- WordPress sites management that includes:
- Migrating WordPress sites from one server to another as needed (mostly using scripts).
- Deployment automation, continuous integration and customised Git-based workflow.
- Performance monitoring and debugging.
- Backup, security, monitoring, altering scripts/tools setup and maintenance.
- Working on WP-CLI.
- Familiarity with WP-CLI commands and usage.
- Writing custom WP-CLI commands in (PHP programming language).
- Basic understanding of WordPress themes/plugins.
- MySQL basics.
- Managing Ubuntu server.
- Strong Linux administration (preferably Ubuntu/Debian) including decent scripting knowledge (Bash).
- Programming languages: PHP (preferred).
- Familiarity with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Knowledge of iptables, networking and security hardening.
- Cloud computing platform – Amazon AWS, Google Cloud.
- Working with a variety of monitoring platforms, preferably New Relic.
- Experience setting up and running a SMTP server, preferably Postfix.
- Basic knowledge of CDN setup and maintenance (AWS Cloudfront).
- A solid understanding of revision control systems such as git.
- Click here to check the assignment.
- Complete the assignment
- Fill up the Job Application Form
- Paste the assignment link in Assignment Link Box in the form. You can use existing code samples instead as long as they show relevant skills.
- Once the Job Application form is submitted we will review your application along with assignment/code samples.
- Once we check your codes, we may send you some minor enhancements/tasks to your codes to check your skills further.
- If you have any questions, doubts, etc. please email email@example.com (our HR team).
Note: Currently we are hiring only candidates to work from our Pune office. Remote working option is not available.